Friday, July 26, 2013

Just go to hell, I don't care.

    That is pretty strong language in the title. I know none of us would ever say that with our lips or even in our heart, but the problem is that many times our actions say exactly that. It would be good for us all to examine ourselves and ask how much do I really care about the lost.

1. How much praying do we do for the lost?
2. How much time do we spend talking to the lost, instead of just talking about them?
3. How deep is the emotion of concern within is over their condition and their final destination?

    Consider Paul's concern in Romans 9:1-3, 10:1. Are we anywhere even close to what he is describing. He said if he knew they could be saved he would trade places with them. Causes me to realize that I have a long way to go, but every step in the right direction is one more step away from where I am now. Sometimes we think that we are so far away from the ideal situation that there is no use in trying, but that is not true. This is not "mother may I" (if you have no idea what that is, you can ask me), but if you were 10 giant steps away from having the care for the lost you should, even one step per year would get you a little closer to ideal and little further away from apathy and in ten years you would be were you needed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment